I'm an Australian animator from Melbourne living and working in Halifax, Canada.

Currently Animation Supervisor for Copernicus Studio Inc., I amuse myself by terrifying the locals with ukulele fuelled spontaneous sing-alongs and using snow as shaving equipment.

If you want to see more you can check out webbot15.com, and we've also got a nice bunch of links below that'll take you wherever you want to go.

Oct 1, 2010

Vintage Arcade Machine

A little while back my good friend Christian showed me a bizzare blog of color photographs from 1900 Russia. What the photographer did was take 3 seperate b&W photos, each with either a red, green or blue filter over the lens. These negatives have since been composited together to create beautiful color photos of ye ole Russia! Seriously, check this stuff out.

I couldn't get the ingenuity of it all out of my head, so I tried the same thing (mostly the same thing) using a digital camera, cellophane and our good friend photoshop. This is an out of service arcade machine in the ping-pong room at work.


And these are the 9 layers of photos used to create the image. I ended up only using the three full color photos to control luminosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment