I'm an Australian animator from Melbourne living and working in Halifax, Canada.

Currently Animation Supervisor for Copernicus Studio Inc., I amuse myself by terrifying the locals with ukulele fuelled spontaneous sing-alongs and using snow as shaving equipment.

If you want to see more you can check out webbot15.com, and we've also got a nice bunch of links below that'll take you wherever you want to go.

Nov 30, 2010

Balloon Test

I've been thinking for a little while now that animating a balloon character would be fun. It'd really let you concentrate on expression and line of movement.
I quickly animated this during lunchtime and did a batch process with photoshop on the balloon layer. Compositing had to wait till after work.



What I found surprisingly emotive was the silly little knot at the end of the balloon.

On a slightly related but kinda not note, the RMIT BA-AIM graduate screening was tonight. (that link is to the graduation of a couple of years back. But you get the idea.)
Holy crap-spackle! Some of the animators coming up through that place have me worried for my future employment.
If I can ever find some of the animations I saw tonight on the internet, you can be sure I'll post them here. There was one where a character fluidly did her makeup and fixed her hair WITH HER FEET! It blew my tiny little mind.

Hope everyone's having a great evening,
-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment